Thursday, September 06, 2012

Transcript fun

You may remember that I had transcript drama a few years ago when I was getting ready to apply to nursing school. See here, herehere, and here. Fast forward 4 years, and I am once again having transcript drama for my BSN program. This time, I have received no credit for English, Humanities, and a few Social Sciences and General Eds. So, instead of the expected 25 credits I thought I had to complete, I now have 53. Ouchy.

This is especially funny to me because my first (two) degree(s) was (were) in Communication. That, my friends, is the definition of a humanities degree. (Humanities: The humanities are academic disciplines that study the human condition, using methods that are primarily analyticalcritical, orspeculative, as distinguished from the mainly empirical approaches of the natural sciences.) So I have once again written a lengthy appeal to submit to the registrar about why a bunch of the courses I took should qualify.

I wish that colleges could all get together and have some sort of universal description database so that I didn't have to deal with this every couple of year. When I begin my MSN, I will inevitably have to do this all over again. As I collect alma maters, this is getting expensive. Le sigh. One more hoop to jump through. Jump, Jube, jump!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena