Monday, August 18, 2008

Somewhat Ironic

The woman in the nursing department was true to her word and had my transcripts reviewed by the time she left on Friday. I got credit for my general education requirements as well as the Intro to Psychology course that is a requirement of the nursing program. I didn't get credit for either English Composition I or II. I got a 4 or 5 on my AP English exam and took a honors English class my freshman year to fulfill the Comp II requirement. I also taught 3 semesters of Composition I when I was getting my master's at U of I. I need to retake Comp I and II? Really?

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, they're really going to make you retake English? I'm surprised. I would have thought that someone up there in administration had more sense in their head.

Jube said...

I'm appealing the review. I hope I just need to explain the situation. My transcript shows credit for Comp I and II, but the honors English class I took doesn't look like English. Hopefully the appeal will work. If not, I guess I'll have an easy class or two.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would be sooooo angry if I was made to repeat those classes. Talk about a waste of your time and money. How many prereqs do you have to take?

Jube said...

Huge waste of time and money. Hopefully, someone will see reason. I have 4 science classes (Anatomy/Ph 1 and 2, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry) and a math class (since mine are over 5 years old). I'll also have to take Comp I and II if they don't give me credit for them. What about you?

Becky said...

You have to take Organic Chemistry? Ouch! I have to say, chem was my least favorite science class. I AP-ed out of it so that I would never have to take it again. I'm sure your brain will like it better than mine did.

Anonymous said...

Well all my undergrad came through but I will have to take the same anatomy and phys. I and II and Microbiology. i had to retake regualar biology because mine was over 7 years old (made me feel a bit old!). There is also a human growth and development requirement but I took a similar class that transferred. So luckily I'm looking at only one class a semester assuming entering the full time program in Jan '10 (with a small chance of getting in next fall)I guess I should be feeling pretty lucky that I haven't had to deal with nearly as much crap as you have!

 
Designed by Lena