Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Facebook = Reunion Death?

I realize that I'm not truly the facebook generation (my final year of my master's program was the year it really got started), but I have reconnected with lots of high school, college, and Disney friends from long ago. It's all a bit surreal to be chatting with people you haven't talked to in 10+ years. I didn't attend my 10 year high school reunion last summer. Anyone I was interested in talking to I had already reconnected with through facebook or another social networking site.

I have to wonder, is facebook the death sentence for reunions? Schools are going to have to get creative with sucking money from their alumni if people aren't interested in showing back up every 10 years or so. I have been having coffee/meals/adult beverages with old friends when we're both back home. As far as I'm concerned, I never need to attend a reunion.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena