Monday, August 11, 2008

The Saga of My Transcripts

Grrr. Grrrr. Grrrrrrr.

I contacted my high school and colleges in April and had them send my transcripts to the school where I am starting my prerequisites in 2 weeks. Apparently, the school could not match my maiden name to my married name (even though they ask for it on the application and it's in their online system). It took me 2 months and many phone calls to get this straightened out. I thought my transcripts would now go to the nursing department to be reviewed so I would know what classes I would have to take.

Wrong.

The nursing department only gets transcripts for review once a month. According to the school's online system and the guy I talked to in the admissions office, my transcripts were officially "received" on June 10. That should mean that they went to the nursing department the first of July. According to the people I talked to at the admissions office, my review should have been completed by the first week of August. The first week of August I again contacted the admissions office. "Gee, I don't know why we haven't gotten them back from nursing. Why don't you wait another week?" Oh, OK. So I called again last Friday when the review was still not online. "Gee, I don't know, why don't you call the nursing office?"

OK.

The woman from the nursing office called me back today. She doesn't have my transcripts. Not under my married name, not under my maiden name. Doesn't have them. She didn't get them in July and she didn't get them in August. So I ask her what I should do now, because, seriously. She tells me she honestly doesn't know what to recommend. She said that she'll call the woman she deals with in admissions to see if she can track down my transcripts. Where are my transcripts? Transcript purgatory? At this rate, they won't be reviewed by the time I need to register for classes for the spring. I can't register for classes until my transcripts have been reviewed. AAAAAHHHHHHH. My head is going to explode.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think you once mentioned to me that academia, like government, moves at the speed of a three-legged spider. I feel your pain! Hope they pop into existence soon!

Jube said...

I can't take credit for the analogy, but I like it!

 
Designed by Lena