Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thank goodness for lab assistants

The lab assistant for my Tuesday night lab is as good as the professor for Monday night lecture was bad. She's quirky, lectures at a pace people have a chance of keeping up with, uses diagrams, models and (occasionally) herself to explain things. The evening was largely a review of the Professor's lecture. She made concepts simple and clear instead of using every piece of technical jargon at her fingertips to make us poor students feel like schmoes. It was the 3rd time I got this material (from the Prof and reading the book), and finally feel like I'm getting a handle on it. I'm still making notecards, but I'm really glad I don't have self-teach the entire class.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I basically made it through Calculus II because of our TA. They, like lab assistants, can be godsends!

 
Designed by Lena