Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Calgon, take me away

Right, so anyone younger than me probably doesn't get the title reference, so here's the commercial.



Ry is out of town until Friday. Today, while not horrible, was a very long day. It looks to be a very long week. While T was in school this morning, F and I unloaded dishes and looked at mortgage paperwork. Then we went and picked him up from school, had lunch, and I put the boys to bed. T slept for 45 minutes. Usually, it's 4 or 4:30 before he's up. By the time he's gone to the bathroom, had a snack and played for a little while, it's almost dinnertime and my day is nearly over. Right. And today he was up at 2:30. F was up at 3:30 ... and for the rest of the afternoon. Of course, that also meant he was asleep by 7:30 and T in bed by 8 pm. Whew. I'm beat. I don't know how single parents do it, but I sure gained a whole new respect for them.

Also, how do people have like 4 little kids under the age of 5? Are they certifiable? Having three kids seemed like a really good idea until I had two. Sorry for the randomness of this post, but I'm too tired to make a lot of sense right now. Going to try and start tomorrow off with a fresh, positive attitude. It'll help if F isn't up for two hours again tonight.





They're pretty cute though. I guess I'll soldier on.

2 comments:

melydia said...

If you have four kids, you need to do it like my parents: have a big gap. My brothers babysat my sister while I was being born.

nana said...

Yep, they are pretty cute.

 
Designed by Lena