Monday, January 25, 2010

Thanks for your help

I have a small group of women here who I've been friends with now since our children were only a few months old. We try to get together about every week. As a consequence, our kids all know and like each other. They are all within about 6 months of the same age and about half are now potty trained (or in the process).

Today we were at one of the women's houses when her daughter, Kitty, went to the bathroom. This prompted T to decide that he also had to go. After Kitty finished up, T went into the bathroom. "Do you need some help?" I asked. "No," he said, "Kitty will help me." They closed the door in our faces and we heard some bumping, peeing and flushing. A few minutes later, Kitty opened the door to reveal T in his sweater and socks. Only his sweater and socks. Kitty looked up proudly at all of us and said "I helped him!" So you did, sweetheart. Then I got to chase my freewheeling toddler down to get him to put his underwear and pants back on.

We all got a good laugh out of it and decided that in 10 years Kitty could most definitely not help T take off his pants and underwear.

2 comments:

jpminard said...

That is pretty fantastic! Can't wait for that kind of fun in a few years.

Oh, and I'm sure that T will love to find that story up online when he's a teenager :)

Jube said...

Ha, he'll probably be proud of it.

 
Designed by Lena