Saturday, May 01, 2010

Green flashing toilet

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, our toilet? We only have the one, so being without it is somewhat panic inducing. It's been a trusty little thing for the past 5 years. And then, somehow, mysteriously, T's green flashing toothbrush disappeared. And then our toilet started functioning at about 30%. Well crap.We (and by we, I mean my husband) tried everything: plunger, coat hanger, scary-looking toilet snake, wet-vac. For a few flushes, everything would run smoothly, until someone used toilet paper. Or ... well ... you get it.



And so dear friends, we (and again, by we I mean Ry) embarked on a new and perilous adventure: toilet removal. First he removed the basin. Behind it was a fascinating archaeological show entitled "All the paint colors that have been on the bathroom walls."


Success! Apparently, it's pretty common to break a toilet when you remove it. My extremely talented husband took that toilet off the tile like it was nothing. We could hear the toothbrush rattling around in the twisty trails leading to the sewer pipe. Ry did a little toilet tango and ....


Voila! Green toothbrush!


Still flashing.
There's a lesson to be learned here folks. I'm not sure what it is, but there is definitely a lesson. My takeaway? Thank God for my husband.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Made me just laugh out loud, and I would like the name of the toothbrush manufacturer in case I am ever in need of a flashing toothbrush that will not die, sounds like a necessity for some of the camping we do. Now the question is, did Ry just put that toilet back together or did you have to buy a new one?

jpminard said...

Toilet removal and re-installation.....good times :)

Jube said...

Cathy -- it's from Target and it was only a buck!

 
Designed by Lena