Saturday, May 22, 2010

Townie

Since I moved away, I always struggled when people asked me where I was from. I usually told them I was from Oz, but that we lived in Current Town, NJ.
In the past week, I have run into people I know in half a dozen random locations around town. They are people from my mom's group, people from T's old school, and neighbors. It's nice to feel like I'm a part of the community. I know how to get around town. We have favorite restaurants and parks. I can make recommendations on stores, services and locations.
All of a sudden it's hit me that while I think of Oz with a lot of love and fond memories I think of Current Town as home. Does this mean I'm from NJ now? Gack.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Yep, better start back-combing that hair and carrying your pocketbook

jpminard said...

you aren't tanning nearly enough.....and Ry needs to make up some words.

Jube said...

You'll know I've crossed completely over when I start dressing the boys in white tank tops and wear velour sweat suits to the food store to do my food shopping.

jpminard said...

I definitely want a picture of that for all time....that screams blackmail.

 
Designed by Lena