Sunday, April 22, 2012

Snippets

1. The boys have created what I believe will be a new Olympic sport. It's called chair luge and the boys play it when we're making dinner. It's all good fun until someone trips over a chair.


 2.Today Gummy Bear and I went on the March for Babies. He was a trooper and good company today. It was a 3.2 mile walk, and he didn't start getting tired until the end of mile 2. Then he hitched a ride in a friend's stroller and piggy-backed the rest of the way. By far his favorite part of the morning was the powdered-sugar donut and the grape juice. It was really nice to spend a morning just with the Bear. He's really turning into a fun little dude.

You all rock for your donations. Thanks again!


3. We went to a little Chinese Buffet for lunch. Cheeky Monkey polished off most of an orange, which he calls "orangeges." The little man can eat. We are basically at the point where I am taking clothes from Gummy Bear's closet and putting them directly into the Monkey's. They're a little big, but not much. I wonder how long it will take before they wear the same size at the same time.


4. Of course, at the moment, the Monkey mostly wants to wear everyone else's shoes. It's darn cute.
Size 7


5. Gummy Bear is having a Pre-K graduation the second week of June. This week, they took pictures. How stinking cute is the Bear? He's like a tiny little Jehovah's Witness. The room was a Jehovah's Witness convention.
Excuse me, may I have a moment of your time?

6. I finished up my application for my nursing license this week. I'm mailing it on Monday. The fact that I'm one month from graduation is pretty surreal. Lately, I feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience. I feel like I've been working on this degree for half my life, although I realize it's only been 3 years or so. I start my (night shift!) transition on Thursday. My final is May 11, and I'll be a graduate nurse on May 23. Holy crap! In less than two months, I'll be an RN. I'll. Be. An. RN!!!

And then I'll just have to find a job. And the nursing job market is looking increasingly grim. Le sigh.

1 comment:

G'pa said...

The boys are just too, too cute.

 
Designed by Lena