Thursday, November 27, 2008

A delicious, delightful day

I've never had so much fun with someone else's family as I did today.  Our friend invited us to Thanksgiving dinner today when she found out we were on our own this year.  They have an Italian family and we had a big, Italian dinner.  T had a great time playing with her little boy and Ry and I felt truly welcomed.  It was so nice to feel like family when our own families are so far away.  I feel blessed by our day.

In the spirit of the day, here are the things I'm grateful for today: (in no particular order)
  • My husband, who is the love of my life and my best friend and greatest supporter.  Thanks for making me a wife and mother.
  • My beautiful son, who charms everyone he meets.
  • My family, who I miss so much it aches on days like today.
  • My home, which is safe and warm and filled with love.
  • The ability to pursue a career I find fulfilling.
  • Yummy food and fellowship, for filling my belly and my soul.
  • My life.


No comments:

 
Designed by Lena