Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It's a new day (warning ... TMI)

Yesterday was by far the most frustrating I've had so far with potty training. T is basically completely potty trained for pee-pee, but somewhat afraid of BM on the toilet. I'm not sure why, but this is apparently a common problem (especially for boys). Most of what I'm reading suggests rewards (which we're trying) and patience. Many folks say that it takes months more to get BM in the toilet. I also noticed that he's less likely to poo if he's not wearing underwear, so we've been letting him run around bare-bummed when he's home. Two days ago I thought we jumped a big hurdle with a big BM. Sadly, yesterday we spent most of the day on the potty, as he would need to go (and even start to go) but then, eh, clam up once we sat on the potty. It's been over 48 hours now since he's pooed. If you've spent any time at all with my son, you know how ununsual that is. We have his first day of new preschool today. I guess I just have to get used to cleaning poop out of underwear for a while. Sigh.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena