Thursday, September 24, 2009

Making the move

Now that T is mostly potty trained, we're facing the next big adjustment: the big boy bed. We purchased his bed and decorated the new room months ago. Anyone who has met my child can probably understand my assumption that he would start climbing out of his crib pretty early, thereby necessitating a move to the big boy bed. At two and a half, he is still happily crib sleeping. We're T-minus 7 weeks (or less) to having a new baby that will be needing said crib fairly soon after he's born.

We could, of course, just move him. Having him in the crib is so very very convenient. He'll happily play with his menagerie of animals for 30+ minutes in the morning, giving me a few extra minutes to doze. Somehow, I don't think that will happen once he's not confined. I also don't want to move him right before the baby moves in and make him feel like he's being displaced. I know he's old enough. Most of his same-age playmates have been in toddler or twin beds for months now. How long does it take a toddler to get used to a new bed? I'm all about making this move at the last ... possible ... moment. I just don't know when that will be.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena