Friday, September 03, 2010

And these are just for the first 6 weeks

We've had a couple of weeks of intense readjustment. Being a full-time student with a husband, kids and home is a completely different experience than the traditional college student experience. I kick myself almost everyday that I didn't figure this out when I was 18. I've been dropping the boys at daycare around 8, going to class for 7 hours, rushing home to get a few things done around the house (like laundry and dishes), picking the boys back up, being mauled by the boys until Ry gets home, cooking dinner (or, more recently, heating/picking up dinner), getting the boys in bed, packing 4 lunches for the next day and then collapsing on the couch. Then I get out my books and notes and study until Ry wakes me up on the couch to go to bed. The bathroom hasn't been cleaned in nearly 2 weeks, F is finding all kinds of fun stuff on the floor to put in his mouth and Ry has been valiantly trying to fill in the gaps. Oh, and my first exam is Wednesday. Throw in a healthy handful of mommy guilt and you pretty much have the past 2 weeks.

It's not all been bad, of course. I'm enjoying the material and my classmates. The kids are adjusting pretty well to daycare. While I'm feeling completely overwhelmed, I'm also grateful to not be my class mate who is a single mom to her 2 kids, works full time and is trying to finish this program.

Good times. So, yeah. I'm not sure how much I'll be posting during the semester. F turns 10 months old tomorrow and is about as freaking cute as he can be. T is 3.5 in a week and cracks me up. I'll try to get some posts up about them. You know. In my free time.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Umm, I hope you don't have to take all those books to class everyday. That load would cause some serious back aches.

Good luck this semester!

jackie said...

I want to commend you for going to school with a family too. I am a RN and know how difficult it is at times. Hang in there!!

Jube said...

Thanks for the warm wishes. I haven't decided if I'm ambitious or just plain crazy, but hopefully we'll all make it through.

Mom said...

You'll make it. You always do, because you have the drive. I love you very much. Keep up the good work-both in school and with your family.

 
Designed by Lena