Friday, October 23, 2009

The boy who cried poo

T knows what gets our attention. Lately, whenever he wants my attention he says "Mommy, I have to poooooooooooo!!!!!!!" I snap to attention, we race to the bathroom and 9 times out of 10, it was a false alarm. This is especially true when he getting up from a nap or bedtime. I've had a wicked cold the past 3 days and only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before last. This morning, T woke up around 7:15 and played quietly in his crib for the next 30 minutes. I used the time to doze. Then around 7:45, T yelled "Mommy, I have to poooooooo!!!!!!!" I ever so slowly dragged my gravid butt out of bed, went to the bathroom and trudged up the stairs, figuring I had at least 15 minutes (the kid used to hold it for over 24 hours). As soon as I entered the room, I smelled it. It was one of the biggest, smelliest poos the kid has had in weeks. I don't have anyone to blame but myself and could muster only the mildest of rebukes. Potty training is a blast.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena