Friday, October 09, 2009

Some good news


I was recently friended by one of the women I took Microbiology with this summer. She's a really sweet girl with two kids of her own. I think if we had ended up in the same nursing program we would've ended up good friends. Anyway, I digress.

She started the nursing program I applied to in September. She tells me that the program is 3 days a week, 9 am - 3 pm. It'll be 7 am - 3 pm when they start clinicals in a month. Either way, 3 days a week is really good news for us. That means that instead of having both kids in full time daycare, we should be able to get away with 3 days a week. It's about a $800/month difference for us. It certainly doesn't solve all our problems, but at least makes them seem surmountable. I am really kicking myself for not figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up, oh, 10 or so years ago. Even 6 would have been great. I could've gotten nursing school out of the way before Ry and I decided to get all old and start a family and stuff.

You might be wondering what the picture has to do with this post. Absolutely nothing, it's just gratuitous cuteness.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That is great. I often think my program could be crammed in to a few days a week too. But it is nice to only go for a few ours on some. Great news for you though!! when do you find out if you got in?

 
Designed by Lena